Franchising & Licencing
SLF Lawyers has significant experience in acting in the franchising arena.
Our experience includes acting for Franchisors providing commercial advice on: regulatory assessments, due diligence, and systems set up and roll outs. Our lawyers have been involved in numerous franchising models. Often this requires the re-structure of some parts of the Franchisor’s business to ensure proper asset protection and separation of operational elements to achieve limited liability in the event of litigation. We provide a range of Intellectual Property (IP) advice and assistance registering Trademarks, Logos and Business Names where needed. SLF Lawyers provide wide ranging advice and drafting of documentation in compliance with the Australian Consumer Law, and Australian Privacy Principles including website Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statements and FAQ’s. We can draft Lease and or Licence terms and conditions and we can review and advise on shopping centre and landlord leases.
We have experience working with Franchisors in the following:
- Misleading and deceptive conduct matters
- Liaising with the lawyers for the Franchisee
- Assisting with and documenting the sale of an individual Franchise business
- The assignment of a Franchise to an upcoming buyer
- The renewal of a Franchise agreement
- In certain circumstances, the termination of a Franchise
We also have experience in acting for Franchisees and provide:
- Due Diligence
- Company and trust structuring and re-structuring advice
- Disclosure Agreement review and advice
- Lease and Licence review and advice
- Advice under the Australian Consumer Laws
- Exit strategies for all or some of the franchisees
- Investigation services
- Franchise Code of Conduct advice
- Funding advice and review of security documents
- Asset protection advice
- Assignment and or sale of a franchise, sales agreement and lease transfer
Our clients range from first time Franchise buyers to established companies wishing to expand their horizons into the Franchising model.
Our experienced team can assist with A to Z advice and documentation systems.