As the firm’s core business, SLF Lawyers’ Commercial Litigation practice has a positive and well known reputation in all jurisdictions. We understand that successful litigation requires skilful judgment and an appreciation of our client’s business.
Sometimes litigation cannot be avoided. SLF Lawyers take a commonsense approach and understand that clients do not want to spend their time in court. Our focus is to reach commercial outcomes at the earliest possible time and with the least expense.
We have a wealth of experience in litigation such as:
- Issuing proceedings for recovery of moneys, both liquidated and unliquidated, in all States and Territories
- Opposing defended matters for recovery of moneys
- Enforcement proceedings
- Contractual disputes
- Corporations Law disputes
- Regulatory investigations and compliance
- Australian Consumer Law
- Professional negligence claims
- Litigation pertaining to the enforcement of credit agreements, building and construction agreements, residential and/or retail leases, strata management and/or owners corporation statutory rights, hire purchase agreements, loan agreements, bills of sale, mortgages, chattel mortgages, guarantees, fixed and floating charges and PPSR charges
Representing clients from an array of industries, our team has appeared before Australian Federal and State courts, specialist tribunals in regulatory investigations and before commissions of enquiry.