Steven Morris practices in the areas of commercial and property law, with 34 years’ experience in senior positions in major law firms and funds management firms.
Steven has advised on some of Queensland’s most notable property development projects and marina and port developments. His expertise includes advice on the development and construction of commercial and industrial building projects, project management agreements, project delivery, leasing, franchising set up, easements and land tenure, marina and port projects, the acquisition and disposal of land and project assets, master franchising set ups, company and trust set ups and structuring. Some notable projects include the residential high rise developments of “212 Margaret Street”, “Inn on the Park” and “Marquis on Main” the industrial warehouse project “Portgate Estate” at the Port of Brisbane.
Steven has been involved in the roll out of franchise systems including for accounting, real estate agency, dog grooming, mobile car wash. He has also acted for many franchisees including Gloria Jeans Coffee, James Home Services, Superfinish Express, Coffee Club, 7 Eleven, Cold Rock Ice Cream, Kwik Fix, Mister Minute, Kwik Copy and Gutter Vac. Steven is also an authorised referrer by the Franchising Mediation Authority for Franchisees and Franchisors in dispute.
Steven is an avid boatie and has served as the Commodore of the Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron and is a Life Member of Queensland Yachting.
The work Steven is currently undertaking represents a broad spectrum of commercial, corporate and property work and entails mainly acting for SME’s and encompasses:
- Residential, industrial and commercial property purchases and sales
- Business sales and purchases
- Retail, commercial and industrial leasing for Landlords and Tenants
- Retail shop lease advice and compliance
- Franchising set up and roll out
- Acting for Franchisees on new and purchased franchises
- Capital raising and preparation of Information Memorandum to accompany
- Establishment of charitable foundations, including registration with the ACNC, and obtaining Deductible Gift Recipient Status with the ATO
- Company and Trust set up
- Shareholders agreements
- Unitholder agreements
- Set up and drafting of website Privacy Statements, Terms and Conditions and Refunds Policies
- Director disputes and work out arrangements
- Licencing agreements for intellectual property use
- Logo and Trademark registration