- Bachelor of Laws, Australian National University
- Bachelor of Arts (Asian Studies), Australian National University
- Masters of Laws, Australian National University
- Admitted to practice in the New South Wales jurisdiction
- Admitted to practice in the Queensland jurisdiction
- Admitted to practice in the Tasmanian jurisdiction
- Admitted to practice in the Victorian jurisdiction
- Admitted to practice in the Federal jurisdiction
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency
- Estate Planning and Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Employment Law
- Fraud Investigations
- Intellectual Property Law
- Coronial Inquests
- Family Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Margaret has had a varied and illustrious legal career, from being admitted as a Barrister to the Victorian Supreme Court, to working at the United Nations Security Council in Switzerland, to becoming one of Sydney’s highest-profile commercial litigation lawyers. She has also practiced in Malaysia and Singapore. Her level of knowledge and experience is rarely available, giving her clients invaluable advice and representation.
Margaret’s practice involves litigation including breach of contract, professional negligence, fraud allegations and voidable insolvency transactions. Margaret also has extensive experience in employment law and has acted in proceedings involving sexual harassment, unfair dismissal, adverse action, occupational health and safety and employment contract issues. She has been involved in employee fraud cases and has appeared in the ICAC.
Margaret’s clients are involved in a variety of industries and professional services firms. She has acted for a corporation to prevent a former employee from misusing confidential information and has also acted for a company in proceedings against a supplier to recover secret commissions. Margaret has also been involved in obtaining freezing orders prior to the commencement of proceedings to prevent the dissipation of assets and was successful in negotiating a favourable settlement for her client shortly after.