- Admitted as a Lawyer to the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – Victoria University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Monash University
- General Commercial Litigation
- Building & Property Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Litigation
- Debt Recovery & Enforcement
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Leasing Disputes
- Misleading & Deceptive Conduct
- Front & Back End Property Development Advice
Hamish joined SLF Lawyers in 2018 in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team.
His practice involves advising small to medium size corporate clients and private clients on general commercial disputes with a focus property litigation, shareholder and partnership litigation, loan recovery and the provision of advice in the front and back end of property development projects.
Hamish is acutely aware of the time and cost involved in protracted litigation and takes a balanced approach to ensure that clients achieve the most commercial outcome possible.
- Acting for Vendors and Purchasers in disputes relating to Contracts of Sale of Land
- Acting for Real Estate Agents in disputes involving sale authorities and to entitlement to commission
- Acting for Borrowers and Lenders under Loan Agreements
- Acting for Builders in Domestic Building disputes
- Acting for both plaintiffs and defendants in the Supreme Court and County Court in contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes and building and property disputes.
Outside of commercial disputes, Hamish has previously engaged in a number of legal interest roles, including:
- The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- Greenpeace International
- The International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY)