- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Melbourne
- Admitted to practice in the Victorian, New South Wales, Tasmanian and Federal jurisdictions
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Estate Planning and Disputes
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Professional Negligence
- Fraudulent Claims
- Owners Corporation Litigation
- Coronial Inquest
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Building and Construction Law
Andrew commenced his career in 1984 as a solicitor, and joined SLF Lawyers in 2013, specialising in insurance law, including fraudulent claims, indemnity advice, compliance with regulatory requirements, risk management advice, recoveries, litigation at all levels of the court system and dispute resolution mediums.
Andrew is an approachable lawyer who brings a commonsense approach to disputes and is focused on the outcome for his clients. Andrew regularly appears in courts and tribunals on behalf of his clients. He also drafts and presents training courses for his insurer clients.
Andrew has acted for insurers, brokers, listed companies, government departments and statutory authorities, individuals and private businesses. He acted for the successful party in a dispute in the International Court of Arbitration involving The Advanced Australia Air Traffic System (TAAATS). Andrew represented London underwriters defending a class action against their insured.
In the intellectual property area he acts in non-contentious, as well as contentious matters. He was instructed in a dispute over ownership of intellectual property gaming concepts. Andrew acted for well known Australian artists in a dispute regarding the validity of works of art attributed to them, in which his clients obtained a successful result upon trial. In the commercial area he drafts and negotiates agreements for his clients.
Outside of work, Andrew enjoys travel and reading.